This year I am in a unique place, lots of Pook’s friends are off to school in September and I am going back to work in Foundation stage so I am seeing starting school from both sides. So I thought to help explain what really happens once the doors close and you say goodbye I would write a series about starting school.
However before all the detail here are a few thoughts I would like to share with you.
- Don’t forget you are and always will be their first teacher, we are just glad to be part of their journey.
- On the first day I am just as nervous as you and the children.
- I promise I won’t forget to remind them to put their coats on when its cold, put an apron on when doing something messy because it does get messy!
- I will wipe away their tears and snotty noses, find the all-important wet paper towel for those scraps and bumps.
- I will share with them the very best of me and what a journey we shall have full of fun and adventure, with surprises at every corner.
- I will teach them how to read and count and write, joining you along the road you have already begun to walk down.
- I will share all the good days, the mad days and sometimes sad days.
- You little one may come home all about how Miss does this and that but at school all we hear about is you.
- Be proud because I know they will amaze us all.
- Enjoy your cup of hot coffee, it’s your turn for a rest!
You can read more in the starting school series here